As we move into 2019, there are numerous IT security issues companies should be aware of to ensure that they are taking the proper precautions and implementing key network security solutions. Now more than ever IT security services are vital for businesses to ensure their data, and their customers’ data, is safe.
Let’s take a look at some of the major security issues expected to affect companies in the near future and why working with a reputable managed security service provider (mssp) is so valuable.
2019 Security Threats in Need of Worthwhile Network Security Solutions
- Data Integrity Attacks – One threat that companies can face which makes mssp security essential is the mining of and even manipulation of private data. While the theft of data is scary enough in and of itself due to financial and identity theft concerns, some hackers have even manipulated data either on a site or on a released, doctored version. As methodologies for hacks become more and more sophisticated, the potential for this kind of manipulation unfortunately grows.
- MacOS Attacks – Though Macs were often less prone to viruses and malware in the past, new methods by cybercriminals have been developed that specifically target Mac systems. And with Macs’ share of the desktop market increasing, these attacks are expected to continue well into 2019 and beyond, necessitating a robust IT security service plan.
- IoT Attacks – The IoT, or Internet of Things, has been a fascinating technological development, integrating a variety of computerized systems to work in tandem with each other. With this technology comes weaknesses, however, leading to hackers being able to gain access to items like surveillance cameras, home appliances, and even baby monitors. More such attacks are likely, so makers of smart devices will need to improve their security measures going forward.
- Ransomware – This security threat continues to be a concern for many businesses, and with good reason – having a criminal hold your data ransom with only their word that they will release it upon payment is a terrifying concept. Though ransomware attacks have dropped in popularity somewhat lately, targeted attacks, i.e., those going after specific businesses seen as enticing, have continued. Our experience with ransomware makes Jaekle Group the right choice to tackle this looming threat.
- Cryptojacking – You’ve probably heard of cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, but what you may not know is that these currencies are “mined” on a series of computers to produce complex codes to protect the currency’s value. Criminals have begun to hijack others’ computers to utilize these computers’ processing power to help mine coins, which can significantly slow down a company’s or individual’s network speed. As cryptocurrencies continue to emerge, this threat will remain in 2019 and beyond.
- Phishing – Criminals looking to acquire your usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, and other personal info through phishing is as old as the internet itself, but more recent methodologies are even more worrisome. “Spear phishing” involves a criminal gaining access to a business’s email system to watch and wait for vital information to be sent. It’s a terrifying prospect, and one which necessitates having a strong IT security service in place for 2019 and beyond.
- Botnets – Through a network of compromised computers, cybercriminals are able to conduct large attacks on a variety of systems. These attacks can include DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks. Avoiding these attacks means avoiding viruses and worms, and utilizing best practices for your IT security is essential.
Worried About Your Network? Reach Out to a Certified Cloud Security Professional Today!
At Jaekle Group, we’ve seen just about it all when it comes to IT security issues, which is why we’re adept at providing reliable, efficient network security solutions.
To help ensure your business is protected in 2019 and beyond, contact us to get started with our IT security services. We look forward to hearing from you.